Move your idea forward with confidence
Our two day Before You MVP Workshop will provide you with the tools, resources, and recommendations you need to get you on the right path towards validating your idea. You’ll walk away with an action plan and set of tools that will help you, your partners, and investors move forward with confidence.
- July 29th–30th Sold Out
- August 24–25th
- September 28–29th
Get your spot for $1,700 Only 6 per Workshop; register before they're gone Register
Get your business started on the right foot
The first step in validating your product idea is identifying and understanding your target audience. Is this a real need that they are looking to fill? If it is, what are their motivations for addressing it? And how do you keep them coming back to your product time and time again? In our workshop we’ll show you how to talk to your potential customers to get the answers you need to your most crucial questions.
This workshop is great for:
- Entrepreneurs with a business idea that needs validation
- Startup founders looking to acquire investor buy-in
- Product leads looking to build confidence in a new venture
- First-time founders who want to learn how to conduct meaningful user research
What we’ll cover
Walk away knowing you’re making the right investment
- Build understanding of the problems your potential users are having
- Identify your riskiest assumptions
- Create hypotheses to be validated
- Write interview scripts and learn how to conduct user research
- Create a testing plan to ensure a successful and productive initial round of research
- Get what you need for pitching to investors
- How to move your product idea to a problem statement
- Identify situations people are having the problem
- Create a first draft of critical path
- Capture assumptions as you go
- Review assumptions, cluster, prioritize riskiest
- Write interview script based on riskiest assumptions
- Interview basics
- Identify next steps for scheduling and interviewing users
- Leave with a plan of action, we check in with you on your progress in a month
Your support & learning extends beyond the workshop
One on one session
After you’ve graduated from our Workshop, confidently go out in the world and conduct your research. We’ll help you stay organized by checking in after a month to help guide you through the synthesis process.
Access to your peers
You’re not alone. You’ll get to expand your founder network and forge new relationships with people who are also in your shoes. With access to a Basecamp project, you’ll see everyones growth as well as share your own.
Discounts to Coaching & Consulting
You’ll get discounts and priority for our Product Innovation Coaching. Once you’re ready for MVP you’ll get discounts from the consulting team at thoughtbot, our parent company.
You’ve got decades of product experience on your side
As Design Director at thoughtbot, Jaclyn provides mentorship and support to the Boston design team, while assisting with sales, strategy, and client engagements. She has facilitated countless user interviews, design sprints, and workshops, and enjoys giving talks about all those things.
As Chief Design Officer, Kyle leads the thoughtbot product design team. For over 10 years at thoughtbot, he's used tools such as research, design thinking, design sprints, and Jobs-to-be-Done to help him best understand what a product is trying to solve, what potential solutions look like, and then validating those solutions.